How To Root Infinix Hot Note x551 After Upgrading To Official Lollipop
How To Easily Root Infinix Hot Note x551 After Upgrading To Official Lollipop 5.1
Previously, Infinix rolled out its official lollipop v5.1 XUI updgrade for its Infinix Hot Note x551. As a user of infinix hot note, i can gladly say that Infinixmobility has realy done a great job by listening to its fans voice and also providing the official lollipop updgrade which is so amazing & lovely. But there is an ish, kingroot can't root the upgraded Infinix hot note. One might say rooting ain't important, but hey; what's good about an Android device without root permission? I know my fellow guruz will agree on that with me, Lols.. Anyway, that will be a thing of the past because i have come up with a reliable and trusted method on how to gain Root Access in our upgraded Infinix hot note. Without wasting much time, lets quickly gain root access in our Infinix hot note x551 official lollipop v5.1.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Download recovery.img for Infinix hot note x551. Get it here.
- Extract its folder to your pc desktop using winrar.
- Flash it using sp flashtools. NOTE: Flash only, don't format.
- After succesful installation of recovery.img, download this "UPDATE-SuperSU- V2.46.zip" and place in root of your sd card.
- Power off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing at the same time, Volume up + Power button.
- Select "install zip".
- Choose from sdcard and locate "UPDATE-SuperSU-V2.46.zip".
- Click on "YES" and allow it to flash.
- After successfull, reboot your device.
Done, you have now gotten root permission. You can download and install "Root checker" for confirmation.
NOTE: Do not wipe/ format your device when in recovery mode, just flash UPDATE-SuperSU-V2.46.zip as if you are flashing a custom rom without wiping.
If you find this post useful, don't forget to hit the share buttons and also comment if you have any questions.