You all will agree with me that an android phone without root access is not realy a complete android device..lols. I know some will say rooting is not necessary but trust me, it is very necessary to root your android phone because with root access, you can do whatever you want to do with your android device. Without wasting any time, lets quickly go ahead in rooting our Tecno Boom J7 and also change its IMEI to enjoy Glo 3gb Bis subscription.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- Kingroot application. You can download from here
- Working internet connection or wifi but it woun’t take more than 10mb.
- A little patience.
HOW TO ROOT TECNO BOOM J7
- Go to phone Settings >> Security >> Unknown Sources and check it. It enables your phone to install apps not downloaded or downloadable from google playstore.
- Install the downloaded King Root Application to your device
- Lunch Kingroot application after installation. Tap the blue button at the bottom to start rooting.
- Wait for the process to complete 100%.
NOTE: If your phone reboot before completing the process, its simply because of poor internet connection. So, restart your device and the rooting process again.
5. When the rooting process is complete, Kingroot Application will give you a success message.
6. Reboot your device and a new app called King User should be installed on your device.
To confirm if your Tecno Boom J has been rooted, go to playstore and download “Root checker” to verify.
HOW TO CHANGE IMIE TO USE GLO 3GB BIS
- First of all generate your 15 digit Blackberry IMEI using this app bbgenerator
- Download MTKEngineering mode from here and install into your phone
- Launch MTKengineering mode > > Click on “Engineer Mode (MTK)” and Swipe left to Connectivity >>> Click on CDS Information > Radio Information.
- Click on phone 1. If you want to change your sim1 or phone 2 if changing that of sim2. follow below guide:
- NAME: Give it any name
- APN: blackberry.net
Save and activate as default access point. You can now subscribe for Glo 3gb BIS by dialing *777*21# for N1,000 or goto message and send Comonth to 777.
Now the below phase seems confusing but just follow the directions step by step.
For Phone 1:
“AT +EGMR=1,7,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you space AT +EGMR)
For Phone 2:
“AT +EGMR=1,10,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO”
==>Press the “Send At Command”. You should receive a message that your ‘AT command sent’
==>Now, reboot your device and dial *#06# to view your new imie.
==>Now, goto your phone settings, mobile network and create new APN for Glo like this:
We love comments… You can use the comment box to ask questions where you don’t understand. Also share this post with your friends.