How To Use Sp Flashtools To Flash Or Upgrade MTK Phones
WHAT IS SP FLASH TOOLS?
Sp flashtools is an application used in fixing an extreme case of a bricked MTK Android Device (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo etc). For instance, the phone refuses to come on at all or refuses to boot into recovery mode. In this case, it means your Android device is totally dead and needs flashing. Sp flash tools can also be used in a case whereby your Andoid device comes ON but hangs in boot logo without booting to sceen (Soft Bricked). And finally, SP FLASH TOOLS can also be used in updgrading, downgrading any MTK device firmware.
The following method i'll be showing us here in this post can be used in either flashing our totally dead MTK Android Device back to life or fixing a soft bricked MTK Android device or updating an MTK Device Firmware. So without wasting much time, lets see how we can use Sp flashtools to flash our MTK Android device.
- A PC
- Working USB Cord
- Manually install VCOM drivers on the PC, that is if your device drivers was not aleady installed. You can get same working device and plug it to your PC to automatically install its drivers or go here to learn how to manually install drivers if you can't get same working device (http://miahtek.blogspot.com/2015/11/how-to-install-mediatek-vcom-drivers-on.html)
- The phone you wish to flash the files to (ensure there's an SD card in the phone)
- Scatter file + files to be flashed ( see http://miahtek.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-to-make-mtk-droidtools-backup-of.html?m=0 for how to make an MTK Backup).
- Download SP Flash tool ( Version 5.x )
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Remove the battery from the phone and slot it back in without booting the phone (If the battery is inbuilt then simply switch if off). Also, ensure there's a formatted SD card in the phone (if there's an SD card slot)
- Launch Sp flashtools as Administrator
3. Click on Scatter-loading by the right
4. In the window that pops up, select the scatter file for your phone model then click Open (scatter file is a text file with the word "scatter" in its name )
5. A list with ticked boxes should appear in SP flash tool (preloader, mbr, ebr etc)
6. This step is only for when you wish to format the phone before flashing but you can Skip if you don't wish to format
6a. Click Format at the top
6b. After clicking Format, a dialogue box will pop up, ensure that 'Auto Format Flash' and 'Format whole flash without Bootloader' are selected
6c. Click OK, Stop should now be red or green in color
6d. Connect the switched off phone (with battery inside) to the PC via USB cord
6e. A progress bar should load till you get a 'Success' message (green circle with OK)
6f. Disconnect the phone from PC
7. Untick the box in front of any item you do not wish to flash or include.
8. To manually load an item that doesn't automatically get ticked after loading the scatter file, tick the box in front of that item then double-click its Location and select the corresponding file in the window that pops up
9. Once the file(s) you wish to flash is (are) ticked, click Download (with an arrow above it).
10. Stop should now be prominent while other options should be grayed out
11. Connect the switched off phone (with battery inside) to the PC via USB cord
12. A progress bar should start running
13. Now, this is the part you'll need to take a glass of water, relax and wait till you get a Success message (green circle with OK), do not interrupt while the process is going on.
14. Disconnect the phone, remove the battery for 15 seconds (if removable), slot it back in then power up the phone
15. Ensure to do a factory reset in recovery mode to clear any errors.
Finally, reboot your device. If all went well, you should see your device coming up as if you just got it but if nothing happens, redo the above procedures.