Finally! The long awaited Official Lollipop 5.1 upgrade for Infinix Hot Note Pro x551 is here. I know a lot of users of this device have been patiently waiting for this upgrade especially when official lollipop upgrade was being rolled out for Hot Note. Today, I'll be leading you honorable users of Infinix Hot Note Pro on how to easily upgrade your device from kitkat 4.4.2 to the official lollipop 5.1 upgrade. So please endeavour to follow the below simple tutorial step by step.
- Optimized UI display
- Added font management
- Added Ultra power saving mode
- Optimized system performance
Final Verion 6 -18/12/2015
What's new/Bug fixed:
What's new/Bug fixed:
- XUI upgraded to 1.N.1.1
- Added power manager in System manager App: high performance mode, normal mode, power saving mode, ultra power saving mode.
- Added harassment notification button in System manager App.
- Added flashlight brightness levels by tapping flashlight icon in notification bar.
- Added one-hand operation mode in Action Settings, slide left or right from Home key to toggle the feature.
- Added high performance mode icon in notification bar.
- Optimized camera preview brightness in Camera App.
- Optimized signal bar and date icon overlap issue on the status bar.
- Removed time display of status bar on magazine lock screen.
- Optimized A-Z App search effects.
- Fixed other issues from XCLUB.
- Optimized system stability and performance and fixed other issues
REQUIREMENTS TO FLASH/ INSTALL
- VCOM port driver Download From Here. You can skip this if your hot note pro has already auto installed needed drivers into your pc.
- SP flash tool Download Here.
- Ensure your device battery is above 60%
- Working USB cable.
- And patience.
- Download the infinix hot note pro official lollipop 5.1 Here.
- Extract all 3 softwares you downloaded
- Go to device manager > click action > click on add legacy software
- Under welcome to add new hardware, click next
- Click have disk
- Click on browse then navigate to your VCOM driver software, select the driver setup and click open
- Select mediatek preloader USB VCOM driver
- Open folder named "flash tool" and double click on flash tool application file
-Select "scatter loading" option on the tool
-Select file named "MT6592 Android Scatter file"
-Click on "firmware upgrade" option as shown in the caption below and select download
-Connect your hot note with the cable that came with the phone (make sure your device is switched off and your sims have been removed from it
-The upgrade will begin and you will see something like the caption below
-The following prompt will appear once the upgrade is successful, then you unplug the cable.
NB: please do not try to switch on the phone or disconnect USB cable while the upgrade is in progress. Else you might hard brick your device.
If you found this post helpful and interesting, please don't forget to share or comment.