How To Install Mediatek Vcom Drivers On PC
VCOM driver is an essential tool which gives support to installation of firmware or flashing of files in MediaTek’s MT65XX phones. Without the needed drivers being installed on your windows PC, flashing your MediaTek phone using SP flashtools or any other recommended tool might not work out properly as expected and you might wonder what's going on or how is it really done.
In this tutorial, I'll be guiding you through the process on how to install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on Windows vista, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows 10.
10 Quick Steps To Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on Windows PC
- Download MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers Here, and extract the folder to your desktop screen or menu.
2. Goto “Control Panel” and search for “Device manager”.
3. After that, click on any driver group, then click on Action >> Add legacy hardware.
5. Another interface of the wizard screen comes, and then selects second option to install hardware manually.
6. When you get to another screen as seen in the image below, Click Next.
8. After that, install from disk, simply browse and locate the folder you extracted in step 1, and open the Drivers >> USB VCOM driver >> then select your operating system. If your operating system is 64bit, select the .inf file for 64bit, same applies to 32bit. Also select .inf file of windows 7 if you’re using windows 8, windows 8.1 or windows 10.
9. Now, getting to the next screen, select “MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port” and click Next and getting to another screen, click Next.
DONE. VCOM driver is now installed on your windows PC. You can now head to your flashing tools and perform task you wished to. If you have any problem, feel free to let me know via comment section.