I was moved to put up this article due to several request from the Gionee M5 users in the house. I'm glad to say that Installation of TWRP Recovery on Gionee Marathon M5 is now made available, and gaining root access or permission on Gionee M5 is now very possible through recovery option. With TWRP recovery installed, you can flash custom ROMs and other flash-able files on your Gionee Marathon M5. Full credit goes to team Hovatek for porting TWRP RECOVERY for Gionee M5. In this article, i'll be guide you guys on how to install TWRP Recovery on Gionee Marathon M5 using SP flash tools and then rooting afterwards.
- - SP Flash tools. Download
- - VCOM drivers.
- - Recovery For Gionee M5. Download
- - SuperUser.zip. Download
- - Working USB cable for proper communication between your device and PC.
Step 1: Download the recovery zip file from above link, and extract the files which are "Recovery.img" and "MT6735_Android_Scatter.txt " to new created folder from your desktop screen, as seen in the image below.
Step 2: Now, put off your device, and remove the battery if possible.
Step 3: Next, download the SP Flash tool, and extract the files to your computer. You should get the following files as seen below, after extraction.
Step 4: From the extracted files, double-click the "Flash_tool.exe" to launch Sp flashtools.
Step 5: Once the flash tool is launched, click on the download/upgrade tab and click on scatter loading button.
Step 6: Now, locate the "MT6735_Android_Scatter.txt" file, which is on your desktop or folder you created early
Step 7: After that, click download to begin flashing process.
Step 8: Immediately, connect your device to your computer via USB cable, and press Volume Down or up key, so it would be detected easily by your computer.
Step 9: The Flashing process would be in progress, and a Green button would appear once the process is completed.
DONE, TWRP Recovery is now installed on your Gionee Marathon M5. To boot to recovery mode, simply press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button.
HOW TO ROOT GIONEE M5
- Firstly, download the SuperSU.zip file from here , and move the downloaded file to the internal storage of your Gionee Marathon M5
- Now, switch off your device and boot to recovery mode to do that (press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button).
- After that, go to the recovery main menu, and then choose install, and then select the SuperSU.Zip file and flash immediately.
- Once the installation or flashing process is completed, simply go back main recovery menu and tap on Reboot system, and your device would be rebooted.
That’s it. Your Gionee Marathon M5 would be rooted successfully . To verify root access, simply download root checker from Google Play store and confirm if your device has gained root access.