This article [PureX Lollipop Custom Rom 5.1.1] is specifically meant for Sony Xperia Z. Do not attempt to install this custom rom to any other Xperia z variant, else you will end up bricking your device.
Features Of PureX Lollipop RomPurex Lollipop is based on latest Xperia z 5.1.1
Fully Deodexed Without Playstore Bug
Patched Services jar ( Superuser Mod )
Latest NUT Dual Recovery
Stock Kernel Integrated to Rom
Fully rooted with latest SuperSU
Fully Working Init.d Support
Xperia Z5 Calculator
Xperia Z5 Clock
Xperia Z5 Setup Wizard
Xperia Z5 Calendar
Xperia Z5 Sound Enhancement + X Loud Features
Xperia Z5 Image Enhancement
Xperia Z5 X Reality + Supervivid
Xperia Z5 Clock Widget
Xperia Z5 Home + Widgets
Xperia Z5 Smallapps Launcher
Xperia Z5 Smallapps
Xperia Z5 Backup & Restore
Xperia Z5 Themes & Theme Picker
Xperia Z5 Wallpapers
Xperia Z5 White – Balance
Xperia Z5 Live Wallpaper
Xperia Z5 Media Sounds
Xperia Z5 Messaging App + Cost Saving
Xperia Z5 Phonebook + Extra
Xperia Z5 My Xperia
Xperia Z5 Online Remote Camera
Xperia Z5 Email
Xperia Z5 Style Potrait
Xperia Z5 Weather Widget Release
Xperia Z5 Photo Widget Release
Xperia Z5 Sony Entrance 2
Added Call Recoding
Added 2G / 3G Only ModDisabled Data Notification When
Turn On / Off
New PureX Bootlogo
Heavily Removed Bloatwares.
Things To Note
[*] Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
[*] This tutorial will wipe out all your data.Proceed at your ownrisk.
[*] Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
[*] Sony PC Companion will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
[*] Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding
- Download Android 5.1.1 PureX ROM for Xperia Z to your computer.
- Connect and mount your Xperia Z USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 5.1.1 ROM.zip file to your SD card. Ensure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get into the Recovery Mode, Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery , perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” as shown below. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode .
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, goto ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- After the installation is completed, reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu .
NOTE: Your Xperia Z will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.