HOW TO ROOT GIONEE M3 MINI AND INSTALL TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY
Gionee M3 Mini is an awesome android smartphone that runs Android 5.1 Lollipop and also powered by a 64bits Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor type, Mediatek MT6736M chipset coupled with 1GB RAM and an 8GB internal storage memory. As I use to say that Android phone without root access and custom recovery installed is not yet a complete Android device for those who knows and enjoy the benefit of rooted and installed custom recovery mode. In this article, I'll be showing us how to Root and also install TWRP Recover on Gionee M3 mini phone using Sp flashtools, so ensure you follow each steps carefully.
Before we begin, I'll love to Thank Team Hovatek for porting TWRP Recovery for Gionee M3 Mini which makes rooting much easier.
- PC/Laptop Running Windows.
- Working USB Cable
- SP Flash Tool. Download Here.
- ADB VCOM Drivers (normally I use PDAnet). Go here to learn how to install Mediatek Vcom Drivers
- Gionee M3 Mini Recovery image. Download Here
- SuperUser v2.46.zip. Download Here
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON GIONEE M3 MINI
Step 3: Next, download the SP Flash tool, and extract the files to your computer. You should get the following files as seen below, after extraction.
Step 4: From the extracted files, open "Flash_tool.exe"
Step 5: Once the flash tool is launched, then click on the download/upgrade tab and click on scatter loading button
Step 7: After that, click download to begin flashing process.
Step 8: Immediately, connect your device (without battery if possible) to your computer via USB cable, and press Volume Down or up key, so it would be detected easily by your computer.
Step 9: The Flashing process would be in progress, and a Green button would appear once the process is completed.
That’s it. TWRP Recovery is now installed on your Gionee M3 Mini, to boot to recovery mode, simply press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button. Now let's move to the next phase on hot to root Gionee M3 Mini.
HOW TO ROOT GIONEE M3 MINI
Granted you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery after going through the detailed instruction on how to install Recovery image via Sp flashtools, now do the following:
- Boot your Gionee M3 mini phone into TWRP recovery mode (by Holding the Vol. Up + Power button at the same time for 5 seconds).
- In TWRP recovery mode, Choose "Install zip from sdcard". To Choose zip from sdcard, use vol up and down to scroll up and down then choose the downloaded SuperUser v2.46.zip file from the root of your sdcard.
- Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
That's it, you have successfully rooted your Gionee M3 mini Android smartphone. To verify if its properly rooted, goto Google playstore and download "Root Checker.apk" to verify.
CREDIT goes to Team Hovatek For Porting TWRP Recovery image used in this tutorial