In this article, i’ll be guiding us on how to unlock Xperia z3 Compact bootloader, install TWRP, Root and how to install Xposed. Before we proceed, you have to ddownload below needed files and ensure you follow each steps carefully.
HOW TO UNLOCK XPERIA Z3 COMPACT BOOTLOADER
Unlocking your bootloader voids your warranty and makes you lose some
stuff, as detailed here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-c…-keys-t2890936. So make sure to
make the TA backup in order to recover those things when you relock your
bootloader in the future.
- To begin, you need your IMEI number, that you noted in step 0.
- Go to this webpage: http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlo…urboot-loader/
- Select Xperia Z3 Compact, click Continue, enter your email address
- Click the link they sent you via email. Enter your IMEI, click Submit.
- At the bottom of the page there will be a code, similar to “fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xA8873D989C26BBBB“, copy it.
- Now, install the android SDK if you don’t have it installed.
- Open it, make sure to install “Google USB Driver Packager”.
- Go to “C:Program FilesAndroidsdkextrasgoogleusb_driver” and copy the Fastboot driver downloaded among the needed files.
off your phone. Press the volume up button, and while doing this,
connect the phone to your computer. It should boot into fastboot mode.
your PC, go to “C:Program FilesAndroidsdkplatform-tools”. Hold
shift, and right click inside the folder. Click “Open command window
- Type “fastboot devices” in the command window. See if
your device shows up. If not, you did something wrong with your drivers,
make sure that your SDK installation is correct.
- Now copy the line you copied in step 13. Hit enter.
- Your bootloader is now unlocked. Reboot your phone, it will wipe all your data, so you have a fresh install of the system.
HOW TO INSTALL RECOVERY ON XPERIA Z3 COMPACT
- Enter again into fastboot mode. That means, turn off your phone, hold volume up, and connect it to your PC.
- Copy the TWRP Recovery downloaded among the needed files to “C:Program FilesAndroidsdkplatform-tools”.
- Rename it to “twrp.img”.
- Open a command window.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”.
- That’s it, now you have TWRP installed.
HOW TO ROOT XPERIA Z3 PHONE
- Copy “SuperSU 2.65” downloaded in step 1 to your phone.
Recovery mode.(Easiest way is: enter fastboot, use volume keys until
“recovery mode” is selected and press the power button to enter it.)
- Click Install, search for “SuperSU 2.65”, swipe to confirm. Reboot your phone.
- Done, you are now rooted!
- Copy “Xposed installer” and “Xposed apk” to your phone.
- Enter Recovery mode.
- Install “Xposed installer”
- Now Reboot and install “Xposed.apk”
This is the end of the guide. Hope everything went fine for you. Feel free to post questions via the comment form!
Chainfire for SuperSU
Rovo89 for Xposed