How to Unlock Xperia z3 Compact Bootloader, Root, Install TWRP Recovery And Xpose Installer
In this article, i'll be guiding us on how to unlock Xperia z3 Compact bootloader, install TWRP, Root and how to install Xposed. Before we proceed, you have to ddownload below needed files and ensure you follow each steps carefully.
* SuperSU v2.66: DOWNLOAD
* TWRP Recovery: DOWNLOAD
* Xposed apk: DOWNLOAD
* Xposed installer v79: DOWNLOAD
* Fastboot driver: DOWNLOAD
* TA backup tools: DOWNLOAD
HOW TO UNLOCK XPERIA Z3 COMPACT BOOTLOADER
Warning: Unlocking your bootloader voids your warranty and makes you lose some stuff, as detailed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-c...-keys-t2890936. So make sure to make the TA backup in order to recover those things when you relock your bootloader in the future.
- To begin, you need your IMEI number, that you noted in step 0.
- Go to this webpage: http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlo...urboot-loader/
- Select Xperia Z3 Compact, click Continue, enter your email address
- Click the link they sent you via email. Enter your IMEI, click Submit.
- At the bottom of the page there will be a code, similar to "fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xA8873D989C26BBBB", copy it.
- Now, install the android SDK if you don't have it installed.
- Open it, make sure to install "Google USB Driver Packager".
- Go to "C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and copy the Fastboot driver downloaded among the needed files.
- Turn off your phone. Press the volume up button, and while doing this, connect the phone to your computer. It should boot into fastboot mode.
- In your PC, go to "C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\platform-tools". Hold shift, and right click inside the folder. Click "Open command window here".
- Type "fastboot devices" in the command window. See if your device shows up. If not, you did something wrong with your drivers, make sure that your SDK installation is correct.
- Now copy the line you copied in step 13. Hit enter.
- Your bootloader is now unlocked. Reboot your phone, it will wipe all your data, so you have a fresh install of the system.
- Enter again into fastboot mode. That means, turn off your phone, hold volume up, and connect it to your PC.
- Copy the TWRP Recovery downloaded among the needed files to "C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\platform-tools".
- Rename it to "twrp.img".
- Open a command window.
- Type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img".
- That's it, now you have TWRP installed.
HOW TO ROOT XPERIA Z3 PHONE
- Copy "SuperSU 2.65" downloaded in step 1 to your phone.
- Enter Recovery mode.(Easiest way is: enter fastboot, use volume keys until "recovery mode" is selected and press the power button to enter it.)
- Click Install, search for "SuperSU 2.65", swipe to confirm. Reboot your phone.
- Done, you are now rooted!
- Copy "Xposed installer" and "Xposed apk" to your phone.
- Enter Recovery mode.
- Install "Xposed installer"
- Now Reboot and install "Xposed.apk"
This is the end of the guide. Hope everything went fine for you. Feel free to post questions via the comment form!
Chainfire for SuperSU
Rovo89 for Xposed