Finally, all users Infinix Hot 2 can now gain root access, install TWRP custom recovery and run Xposed modules successfully with no issues. I must say this has not been easy but i’m glad it worked flawlesly.
NOTE: THIS HAS BEEN TESTED SUCCESSFUL ON THE INFINIX HOT 2 RUNNING ON THE ANDROID ONE ROM, NOT ON INFINIX’S XUI ROM. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON YOUR HOT 2 IF YOU ARE USING XUI
– A PC
– INFINIX Flash Tools
– MT65** USB Drivers
– TWRP Recovery for Hot 2 (AndroidOne ROM)
– Recovery Enabler
– SuperSU zip by @Chainfire
– Xposed Installer apk (Optional)
– Xposed Framework v75 (Optional)
– Working USB Cable & a little patience
– Place BETA-SuperSU-2.49.zip and xposed-v75-arm-sdk22.zip in your Internal/External SD Card.
– Install MT65xx/VCOM Drivers
– Download and Extract Infinix Flash Tool, TWRP Recovery, Recovery Enabler (place folders in your desired location)
– Open Infinix Flash Tool, click on browse and navigate to folder containing Recovery Enabler, select MT6580_Android_Scatter file and click start.
– Switch off your phone & Connect your phone to your PC
– Reboot after flashing.
– Do the same process for TWRP Recovery but do not reboot after flashing. Boot straight to Recovery
– Flash SuperSU and reboot.
(OPTIONAL FOR THOSE WHO NEED XPOSED) See Also: What Is Xpose Modules
– Install Xposed Installer apk and reboot to recovery
– Perform a Nandroid Backup
– Goto recovery mode & Install xposed-v75-arm-sdk22.zip and reboot. (Do not clear anything)
– You may encounter several reboots on the “Android is Starting” screen. Don’t be afraid. Let it reboot as many times as it wants.
Special thanks to @Frazercrib (XDA) for teaming up with me to get this December build rooted + get xposed working