Finally, all users Infinix Hot 2 can now gain root access, install TWRP custom recovery and run Xposed modules successfully with no issues. I must say this has not been easy but i'm glad it worked flawlesly.
NOTE: THIS HAS BEEN TESTED SUCCESSFUL ON THE INFINIX HOT 2 RUNNING ON THE ANDROID ONE ROM, NOT ON INFINIX'S XUI ROM. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON YOUR HOT 2 IF YOU ARE USING XUI
- A PC
- INFINIX Flash Tools
- MT65** USB Drivers
- TWRP Recovery for Hot 2 (AndroidOne ROM)
- Recovery Enabler
- SuperSU zip by @Chainfire
- Xposed Installer apk (Optional)
- Xposed Framework v75 (Optional)
- Working USB Cable & a little patience
- Place BETA-SuperSU-2.49.zip and xposed-v75-arm-sdk22.zip in your Internal/External SD Card.
- Install MT65xx/VCOM Drivers
- Download and Extract Infinix Flash Tool, TWRP Recovery, Recovery Enabler (place folders in your desired location)
- Open Infinix Flash Tool, click on browse and navigate to folder containing Recovery Enabler, select MT6580_Android_Scatter file and click start.
- Switch off your phone & Connect your phone to your PC
- Reboot after flashing.
- Do the same process for TWRP Recovery but do not reboot after flashing. Boot straight to Recovery
- Flash SuperSU and reboot.
(OPTIONAL FOR THOSE WHO NEED XPOSED) See Also: What Is Xpose Modules
- Install Xposed Installer apk and reboot to recovery
- Perform a Nandroid Backup
- Goto recovery mode & Install xposed-v75-arm-sdk22.zip and reboot. (Do not clear anything)
- You may encounter several reboots on the "Android is Starting" screen. Don't be afraid. Let it reboot as many times as it wants.
Infinix Flash Tool: Download Here
Recovery Enabler: Download Here
TWRP Recovery: Download Here
SuperUser.zip: Download Here
Xposed Framework: Download Here
Special thanks to @Frazercrib (XDA) for teaming up with me to get this December build rooted + get xposed working