A custom recovery is an advanced third-party recovery environment. Flashing this custom recovery environment into your device replaces the default, stock recovery environment with a third-party, customized recovery environment. This is a bit like flashing a custom ROM like CyanogenMod, Aosp, and any other custom roms. — But, instead of replacing your device’s Android operating system, it replaces the stock recovery environment, thereby making flashing or installation of custom roms, flashing of any flash_able zip files possible.
NOTE: Below method requires a rooted Android device. How To Root Android Smartphones
- Download and install mobile uncle tools to your device. Download Here.
- Download Custom recovery meant for your device and place it in root of your sd card (Not in folder).
- Now, turn off your device internet connection and launch mobile uncle tools (If internet is ON, mobile uncle tools will auto load recovery files from inernet and if you install any of them, your device might get brick).
- Grant root access to mobile uncle tools when prompted and click on “Recovery Update”.
5. Now, your downloaded recovery file will show up, click on it.
6. You will see a pop up asking “Are you sure flashing recovery”. Click on OK and allow recovery flaahing to do its thing.
7. Now, after recovery flashing is completed, you will see another pop up asking to “Boot to recovery”. Click OK to boot to your installed custom recovery.
That’s it, you have successfully installed custom recovery to your MTK device, flashing of custom rom and any other flashable zip file to your device can now be possible exception of device OTA update zip file.
NOTE: Flashing custom recovery not meant for your device can cause boot loop.