If you are using any Samsung android device then you probably know about Odin flashing tool. For the benefit of those who has no idea about "Odin", i'll explain in a nutshell. Odin is a Windows-based ROM flashing tool from Samsung for Samsung smartphones and tablets users. It is used to flash custom ROMs, Official OTA Updates, kernels and other similar files manually on Samsung devices. If you soft bricked your Samsung android phone then this thing is needed. You can unbrick your phone, unlock the bootloader, root, unroot, update, return back to stock ROM.
Pre-Requirements:☆ Ensure your device has more than 50% of juice (Battery power)
☆ Bootloader must be unlocked
☆ Make Sure Samsung USB drivers are installed on your PC.
DOWNLOADS:☆ Samsung USB Drivers (Samsung Kies)
☆ Odin v3.10
How To Safely Flash / Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin.You only need the right TWRP recovery File for your device then the process is very simple and easy. But note; flashing TWRP or any Custom recovery not meant for your device can cause bricking issues. The process is same for all Samsung devices. So just follow the step by step Guide to Safely Flash TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin.
1. Download the Latest Odin File from the download section above
2. After downloading, Unzip the Odin 3.10.6.zip file
3. Now Run "Odin3 v3.10.6.exe" file from the extracted files on your PC.
4. Make sure you’ve downloaded The Odin flashable TWRP recovery .tar file compatible for your device.
5. (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock: (Enable OEM unlock” feature Only for Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ devices)
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
- Go back to main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select “Developer options” from there.
- Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock” checkbox/toggle and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
6. Now Boot your Samsung Android device into Download mode. To do so, follow the steps below
- Switch off your device. Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
8. Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the TWRP recovery .tar file that you downloaded for your device.
9. Click the Start button on Odin to start Flashing and wait for it to finish the process.
10. Once it finished successfully, a pass message on the Odin screen will pop up and your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing.
Now you can disconnect your device. Done!!! TWRP is now installed on your device