NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR INFINIX HOT 2 USERS ON INFINIX'S XUI. THIS UPDATE IS ONLY FOR INFINIX HOT 2 RUNNING THE ANDROID ONE ROM.
- Must be on a NON ROOTED ROM. If you attempt installation on a rooted Infinix Hot 2, you will brick your device
- Must have STOCK Recovery, NOT custom revovery.
If you've previously rooted your device and also installed custom recovery, you need to download Infinix Hot 2 Android One stock rom and flash using sp flashtools so as to permanently wipe root and custom recovery, meaning it will revert your device back to the way it was when you purchased. After that, you can proceed to download OTA update and install using below steps.
See Also-: Collections Of Infinix Stock Roms
How To Flash Marshmallow OTA Update To Your Infinix Hot 2:
- Download the zip file from given link.
- Rename it to update.zip (Important)
- Place it on the root of your SD Card (it shouldn't be in any folder)
- Power off your phone completely
- Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button for 5sec to boot to recovery (stock recovery mode)
- Release power button and tap volume up once you see the "Infinix" Logo
- You will see a dead Android robot with a red sign. Don't panic.
- Press Volume Up or Volume down (device dependent) to get into the stock recovery mode
- Scroll down with Volume button to "Apply Update from SD Card"
- Scroll down to the downloaded OTA you renamed to "update.zip" and select with the Power Button or volume up.
- Install, and once installation is done, reboot your system and wait for system to start.
You May Also Like:- How To Root Infinix Hot 2 After Upgrading To Marshmallow 6.0
That's it, your device should be up and running the officially released Android Os Marshmallow 6.0
UPDATE: I have been receiving mails from most users of Infinix Hot 2 x510 running Android One Os about not being able to boot to stock recovery mode. I think Infinix naturally disabled booting to stock recovery mode on some Hot 2 x510. If you are unable to boot to stock recovery, do the following to enable your stock recovery mode:
- Download and Extract Infinix Flash Tool, Recovery Enabler (place folders in your desired location, preferably your pc desktop). Download Infinix Flash Tools here and Recovery Enabler here.
- Open Infinix Flash Tool, click on browse and navigate to folder containing Recovery Enabler, select "MT6580_Android_Scatter file" and click start.
- Connect your phone to your PC (switched off completely)
- After process has complete, Reboot after flashing and proceed to update.
NOTE: If you are rooted and also running Android XUI on your Hot 2, just download Infinix Hot 2 Android One stock rom and flash using sp flashtools and proceed to download OTA update and install afterward.