Good news! If you’re a user of Infinix Hot 2… I am proud to Announce to you that Android Marshmallow 6.0 is officially out. Unfortunately, the update is rolling out slowly, but if you can’t wait to get hit by the update from your device settings, here is the OTA URL link:- DOWNLOAD
- Must be on a NON ROOTED ROM. If you attempt installation on a rooted Infinix Hot 2, you will brick your device
- Must have STOCK Recovery, NOT custom revovery.
How To Flash Marshmallow OTA Update To Your Infinix Hot 2:
- Download the zip file from given link.
- Rename it to update.zip (Important)
- Place it on the root of your SD Card (it shouldn’t be in any folder)
- Power off your phone completely
- Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button for 5sec to boot to recovery (stock recovery mode)
- Release power button and tap volume up once you see the “Infinix” Logo
- You will see a dead Android robot with a red sign. Don’t panic.
- Press Volume Up or Volume down (device dependent) to get into the stock recovery mode
- Scroll down with Volume button to “Apply Update from SD Card”
- Scroll down to the downloaded OTA you renamed to “update.zip” and select with the Power Button or volume up.
- Install, and once installation is done, reboot your system and wait for system to start.
- Download and Extract Infinix Flash Tool, Recovery Enabler (place folders in your desired location, preferably your pc desktop). Download Infinix Flash Tools here and Recovery Enabler here.
- Open Infinix Flash Tool, click on browse and navigate to folder containing Recovery Enabler, select “MT6580_Android_Scatter file” and click start.
- Connect your phone to your PC (switched off completely)
- After process has complete, Reboot after flashing and proceed to update.