Infinix recently pushed an Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OTA update to the Infinix Hot 2 X510 and we published an article on how to manually upgrade your Hot 2 x510 to official Marshmallow 6.0 instead of waiting to get hit by the update which usually takes times to go around automatically by device manufacturer. Many where able to manually upgrade but for the benefit of those who couldnt and those who wished to upgrade using Sp flashtools method, well, here is it for you guys, an alternative; SP Flash Tool flashable format of the OTA update.
- Download the Infinix Hot 2 X510 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROMDump here
- Extract the content of the zip file into a folder in your desktop
- Install Mediatek VCOM Drivers on your PC using the guide at http://www.techvillaz.com/2015/11/09/how-to-install-mediatek-vcom-drivers-on/. Or download and install Pdanet to your pc and follow the onscreen setup to install your device needed drivers to your pc.
- After that has been done, following the SP flash tool guide at http://www.techvillaz.com/2017/03/30/how-to-use-sp-flashtools-to-flash-or/. Flash the ROMDump using the “Firmware Upgrade” option in SP Flash Tool
- Boot the phone once flashing is complete (DO NOT interrupt SP flashing)
- If the phone gets stuck at boot animation, take out the battery and slot back in then leave it to boot up
For confirmation? Setup as the phone as usual then go to Settings > About to confirm that your Infinix Hot 2 X510 is now running on Marshmallow 6.0.
- How To Root, Install TWRP Recovery & Run Xposed Modules After Upgrading Infinix Hot 2 x510 To Marshmallow 6.0
- Marshmallow Gravity Box 6.0.0 Xposed Module
That’s it guys! You have succesfully installed the officiall marshmallow 6.0 to your Infinix Hot 2 x510.
Was this helpful? Have any question? Feel free to ask via the comment form below. Hit the share button to share this article with your friends….
CREDIT: Team HovaTek