Infinix Mobility will not rest until the fully satisfy their fans. I never knew Infinix Mobility has unleashed the LTE version of Infinix Hot 2, not until a friend of mine on the internet mailed me about it and also requesting for a way to get it rooted. Well, thanks to Team Hovatek who has been porting Custom recovery image for almost all the trending MTK smartphone thereby making rooting possible.
To root your Infinix Hot 2 LTE version, we will be installing Clockwokmod recovery first which we will then use it to actually gain root permission afterwards. Ensure you follow bellow guide carefully.
NOTE: You can also use the latest Kingroot Apk app to attempt root on the Infinix Hot 2 LTE version. If that doesn't work, use below method
GUIDE TO ROOT INFINIX HOT 2 LTE VERSION
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC. (Installation Guide). Go Here to use Pdanet method
- Download SuperSU.zip from here and copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
- Download Clockwokmod recovery (CWM) for Infinix Hot 2 X510 LTE version ported by Team Hovatek. Download
- Switch-off the device completely (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool. (See Detailed Guide)
- After successfully flashing Clockwokmod recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button.
- In Clockworkmod recovery mode, you use the Volume up button to scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select. So, scroll down to "Install zip" and select it Select.
- Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1 and navigate to where you put SuperSu.zip and select it.
- Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
- Wait till flashing is complete
- After flashing is done, return to the recovery main menu (using the back option) then select Reboot
- If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
That's it, your Infinix Hot 2 LTE version has now been rooted. To confirm root access, download and install root Checker from Google Play Store.