Goodnews to all Infinix Note 2 users who have upgraded their device to the latest Marshmallow 6.0 Os. As usual, users who have upgraded to Marshmallow have requested for a root exploit. Here it is, the below tutorial will guide you through rooting your Infinix X600 running on Marshmallow.
How To Root Infinix Note 2 X600 Running On Marshmallow 6.0 OS
Table Of Contents
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC. (Installation Guide). Go Here to use Pdanet method
- Download SuperSU.zip from here and copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
- Download Clockwokmod recovery (CWM) for Infinix Note 2 Marshmallow ported by Team Hovatek. Download
- Switch-off the device completely (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool. (See Detailed Guide)
- After successfully flashing Clockwokmod recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button.
- In Clockworkmod recovery mode, you use the Volume up button to
scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select.
So, scroll down to “Install zip” and select it Select.
- Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1 and navigate to where you put SuperSu.zip and select it.
- Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
- Wait till flashing is complete
- After flashing is done, return to the recovery main menu (using the back option) then select Reboot
- If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
That’s it, your Infinix Note 2 x600 running on marshmallow 6.0 OS has
now been rooted. To confirm root access, download and install root
Checker from Google Play Store.