Goodnews to all Tecno Camon C8 users, the long awaited Marshmallow 6.0 OS update for your device is finally here. I know you have been expecting this update for a long period of time and I’m glad to say the waiting is over and it is time for you to flex with the new Google OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Camon C8 smartphone. This update is much more better than the lollipop Os on Camon C8. My best bet is that, this update will definately fix the lagging issues and multitasking issues that was found on Camon C8
Normally, there are 2 ways to get the new Google OS running on your device. One of the ways is for you to exercise patient for Over The Air (OTA) update to appear on your phone and prompt an update. This may come anytime as OTA updates are usually released in batches and it is not everyone that will get it at the same time.
The second way of getting the Android 6.0 upgrade into your Tecno C8 is through a downloaded .zip file. Fortunately, Tecno Forum has made this zipped file available for everyone who can not wait any longer for the OTA update.
There are 2 method of flashing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update into your Tecno Camon C8. You can flash it through TF Card method or using SP Flash tools method, but the available software for now is via TF Card, so that means, the below guide will focus on how to upgrade your Tecno C8 via TF Card method.
NOTE: This post will be updated as soon as we got software for SP Flash Tool method.
If you have already rooted your Tecno C8, to be on a safer side, you’re strongly advised to Unroot and format your device. Upgrading an already rooted device Over-the-Air or via TF card can get the device bricked.
Never forget to back up your files, contact and essential apps before you begin, because the flashing process will re-brand your smartphone and thus clear all your important data and files.
Ensure your device battery is upto 50% before attempting to upgrade to the latest Marshmallow 6.0
How To Upgrade Tecno C8 To Marshmallow 6.0 Via TF Card Method
1. Download the Tecno C8 Marshmallow update here (867MB) Link Updated
2. Place downloaded Tcard_update_20160415 on root of your SD Card (Do not put it inside any folder)
3. Switch off your Tecno Camon C8 completely
4. Now, press and hold power button + volume up button until you see the startup logo then release the Power Button Only after which you’ll see the Android logo.
5. Now, hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button without releasing the power button until you see the below image.
6. Use Volume Down to navigate to Apply update from sdcard then press the Power Button to select.
7. Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
8. The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interface as seen below.
9. Now, after upgrade is successful, select “Reboot System” now to reboot your device
It is as simple as that. wait for your device to reboot and Android 6.0 Marshmallow will smile to you on the device! Take note that the first booting process might take few minutes to complete.
There is love in sharing… Hit the share button to share this article with your friends