Goodnews to all users of Gionee M3 mini who loves customize and beautify their device, here is something cool for your device, its CyanogenMod 12.1 custom rom for Gionee M3 mini. This rom is smooth, fast and packed with awesome features to make your device more lovely and fun. CyanogenMod has been known to be one among the best custom roms due to its cool features. Thanks to the developers of this rom who ported CyanogenMod 12.1 to Gionee M3 mini.
In this context, i'll be guiding you on how to install/ flash CyanogenMod 12.1 rom for your Gionee M3 mini, do follow the process carefully.
THINGS TO NOTE:
√ Make full backup (Nandroid) of your stock rom firmware incase you need it in future
√ Backup your IMEI using Mobile uncle tools.apk app
√ Your battery should be upto 50%
√ Your device must be rooted and custom recovery mode installed
Procedure To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom Rom To Gionee M3 Mini
1. Download rom and copy the CM12.1_m3mini_v1.zip to the root of your SD card (don't put it in any folder)
2. Also download and copy GAPPS to the root of your SD card
3. Power off your phone completely and boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode
In TWRP recovery mode, do the following:
★ Factory reset/ Format
★ Wipe cache
★ Wipe dalvik
★ Wipe data and then wipe system
4. After wiping, go to "Install zip from SD card" and select the CM12.1_m3mini_v1.zip to install. Once installation is complete, go back and install GAPPS too for google apps
5. Once installation is complete, click on reboot and wait for your device to boot.
NOTE: If you have a problem with the vibration just download vibra fix.apk app from play store and change launcher.
How To Root
1. Simply goto settings → click on about phone, press "build number" numerous times until you see a prompt saying "you are now a developer".
2. After which you go back and click on Developer options → click on root access → apps only of apps and adb.
Thats it! You are successfully rooted and gained root permission