To all users of Huawei Ascend Y520, here is good news for you all. There’s a recent post coming from xda-developer forum giving hints on how to Update and install Android 5.0 Lollipop using custom ROM on this device.
The Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with various advantages, but the obvious one is the performance improvement. The new OS offer up to 4 times of performance improvements, along with faster and more powerful computing. Google also claimed that the Android Lollipop can extend your device’s battery life by up to 90 minutes. It’s a must-have upgrade for every Huawei Ascend Y520 owners! Keep reading…
Features Of Android 5.0 Lollipop For Huawei Ascend Y520:
Table Of Contents
- Up to 4x performance improvements.
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. You can see all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- And many other cool features.
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. Make backup of your personal data
2. Your battery percentage must be 50-100%
3. Enable USB Debugging
4. Your Huawei Ascend Y520 must be rooted (See Rooting Guide)
5. Custom recovery mode must be installed.
Guide To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM On Huawei Ascend Y520
Ensure you follow below procedures step by step to successfully install Android 5.0 to your Huawei Ascend Y520.. Lets begin
1. Download the ROM from the source link below.
NOTE: There are three parts of it. Please download all of them. After you download all of the files, put them all under the same folder in your PC. Then all you have to do is to extract, starting from the first part and the rest will combine automatically (you have to install WinRar program in your PC in order to do so)
The ROM File size is big, so it was splited into 3 parts :
2. After extraction, connect the phone to your PC via USB cable. Copy the Rom.zip file to your phone’s memory card (Not in any folder, but root of your SD Card)
3. Goto Google Play Store and download and install “ROM Manager”. Alternatively, you can try using alternative application such as Jrummy Apps Inc.(Get it from Google Play Store too). We will use it later
4. Now, launch Rom Manager and boot the phone into CWM Recovery using the ROM Manager.
5. In CWM Recovery Menu, perform the total data erase (Wipe/ Format, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Wipe System).
6. After that, go back to Recovery Main Menu and choose the “Install Zip from SD Card”. Navigate to the folder in which your Rom.zip is located.
7. Select Rom.zip and select yes to proceed installation.
8. After installation is successful, simply reboot your device.
First boot will take a while, just be patient, your device will be up and running Android lollipop 5.0… Enjoy