Recently, Tecno released Android 6.0 update for its Camon C8 flagship and many have been able to port to the new update but for the lovers of a rooted Android, the newly released update seems to make their Android incomplete.
Goodnews, TeamHovatek has unleashed CWM recovery for Tecno Camon C8 running on Marshmallow 6.0, thereby making rooting process very possible for all C8 users running Android 6.0.
Below guide will help you successfully root your Camon C8 running on Marshmallow 6.0, follow it carefully.
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using the manual method here or go here to use Pdanet method
- Download SuperSU 2.66.zip here.
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both root of SD card and internal storage
- Download CWM for Tecno C8 Marshmallow ported by TeamHovatek here
- Now, switch off the phone completely (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool. See how to flash/ install custom recovery using Sp flashtools.
- After flashing or installing CWM recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button for 5sec.
- In Clockworkmod recovery mode, you use the Volume up button to scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select.
- Scroll down to Install zip and select it
- Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
- Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it
- Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
- Wait till flashing is complete
- Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot
- If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker
It’s as easy as that.. Ask questions where you don’t understand using the comment system below.