To root lovers and all handlers of Infinix Hot S, here is a reliable method to root your Infinix Hot S device after several attempt to gain root using kingroot one click apk app which seems not to be working for Android 6.0 but thanks to Team Hovatek, a working method has surfaced to make rooting Infinix Hot S possible
In this article, i will be showing you how to install TWRP custom recovery and then use it to root your Infinix Hot S afterwards.
Infinix Hot S
Working USB Cable
Vcom Drivers installed on PC
TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot S ported by team hovatek
How To Install Twrp And Root Infinix Hot S
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using the manual method here or go here to use Pdanet method
- Download SuperSU 2.66.zip here.
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both root of SD card and internal storage
- Download TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot S Marshmallow here
- Now, switch off the phone completely (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Twrp recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool. See how to flash/ install custom recovery using Sp flashtools at http://www.techvillaz.com/2015/12/how-to-install-custom-recovery-on.html?m=1
- After flashing or installing Twrp recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button for 5sec.
In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow TWRP modify the system partition then go ahead and swipe. To swipe, place your finger on the green circle then slide it to the right
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete.
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker
Thats it, you have successfully rooted your Infinix Hot S via Twrp recovery mode. Your comments and feedback will be appreciated.