To root lovers and all handlers of Infinix Hot S, here is a reliable method to root your Infinix Hot S device after several attempt to gain root using kingroot one click apk app which seems not to be working for Android 6.0 but thanks to Team Hovatek, a working method has surfaced to make rooting Infinix Hot S possible
In this article, i will be showing you how to install TWRP custom recovery and then use it to root your Infinix Hot S afterwards.
Infinix Hot S
Working USB Cable
Vcom Drivers installed on PC
TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot S ported by team hovatek
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using the manual method here or go here to use Pdanet method
- Download SuperSU 2.66.zip here.
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both root of SD card and internal storage
- Download TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot S Marshmallow here
- Now, switch off the phone completely (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Twrp recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool. See how to flash/ install custom recovery using Sp flashtools at http://www.techvillaz.com/2015/12/how-to-install-custom-recovery-on.html?m=1
- After flashing or installing Twrp recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button for 5sec.
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete.
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker