Here you will find detailed guide how to root Tecno camon C9 and also install CMW custom recovery. Recently Tecno launched Camon C9, a beastly lovely device to add to its C device family and many Android lovers went for it. To many, it is a complete device but to those who can’t do without root inorder to install custom recovery and also tweak as desired, it is not yet a complete Android.
Kingroot one click rooting app has been a very helpfull rooting app for most MTK phones to gain root access but ever since Android 6.0 came to play, rooting has not been easy on the new OS and hopefully, Kingroot team will do something about this.
While the waiting, there is another effective and reliable method to root most Android running on 6.0 and this article, i will be showing us how to Install CWM recovery on Tecno C9 and also root Tecno Camon C9 afterwards. Do follow below procedures step by step.
→ Working USB Cable
→ SuperUser.zip – Download here
→ Your Camon C9 bootloader must be unlocked. See detailed tutorial on how to unlock Tecno C9 bootloader
→ CWM Recovery for Tecno C9. Download here
Granted you have met the requirements, lets begin…
How To Root Tecno Camon C9
After you must have unlocked your Tecno C9 bootloader which is very important and have also
downloaded the required files from above, do the following:
1. Copy SuperUser.zip and place it in the root of your SD card, (Don’t put it in any folder)
2. Extract and copy CWM recovery.img into the
same folder containing fastboot.exe and adb.exe
3. Without putting off your phone, connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and boot it into fast boot as shown in the bootloader unlocking guide.
4. Once your device is in fastboot mode, flash the CWM recovery.img to your phone by typing the below command code in red and press “ENTER” from your PC keyboard to flash/ install CWM recovery to your device.
CODE: flash recovery recovery.img
5. After that, reboot the phone by typing the below command code and press “ENTER”.
CODE: fastboot reboot
6. After rebooting your phone, switch it off and boot to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Button for few seconds to boot into CWM recovery mode.
7. Now in CWM recovery mode, use the volume keys to navigate and the power button to enter..
→ Navigate to “Install Zip”
→ Select “Choose From SdCard”
→ Locate SuperUser.zip, select it and then select “YES” to install.
8. Now, after installing SuperUser.zip, simply go back to CWM main menu and reboot.
9. If the Cwm recovery offers to fix some errors, select “NO”.
Thats it, you have succesfully rooted your Tecno Camon C9. To verify root, download root checker.apk to verify.
Your feedback and comments will be appreciated. Do share this articles with your friends…