It's no longer news rooting Android 6.0 using kingroot one click apk app is not easy but hopefully, team kingroot will do something about it.
You might probably be wondering what concerns rooting and bootloader, why unlocking Tecno C9 bootloader and what is bootloader?
To answer this, we need to first of all know what BOOTLOADER is. In literal terms, bootloader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. The concept of bootloaders is universal to virtually all Operating systems that inculcates operating systems on your PC, laptop, smartphones, and other such devices. Bootloaders basically package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of
them also have their own debugging or modification environment.
Every Android phone has a bootloader that instructs the operating system kernel to boot normally. But you need to understand one thing here that as Android OS is an open source OS and is available on a variety of different hardware, every manufacturer has their own version of bootloader specific for the hardware present in it’s environment.
Why Unlocking Bootloader?
The explanation to this question is really simple. If you want root, wanting to flash Custom ROM post-root, and if you want to install a Custom ROM, you’d need to have your stock bootloader unlocked. In simple terms Unlocking the bootloader allows you to install custom
Firmware on your Android phone.
Whether you’re allowed to unlock your bootloader depends on the manufacturer of your phone, the model you have, and even your carrier.
Unlocking your Android phone’s bootloader is the first step to rooting and flashing custom ROMs. And, contrary to popular belief, it’s actually fully supported on many phones.
In this article, i will be guiding you on how to unlock your Tecno C9 bootloader inorder to make rooting it and also installing custom recovery and rom possible.
Follow below simple guide step by step.
1. Before we begin, we have to enable USB debugging on Our Tecno Camon C9 smartphone. To enable USB debugging mode, goto Settings → About → Continuously tap on the "Build Number" to enable debugging mode.
2. Now, go to settings and click on "Developer Option" and enable "OEM unlocking".
3. Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. Don't know how to setup Adb and fastboot to your PC? Follow below simple guide and then proceed to #Step 4 of this guide on how to unlock Tecno Camon C9 bootloader.
NOTE: Setting up Adb & fastboot is very important if you need to unlock your phone bootloader.
★ Download minimal adb and fastboot.zip file from here to your PC
★ Create a folder in your PC desktop and name it "ADB" and extract downloaded zip file to that folder.
★ Now, to run ADB and Fastboot, open the ADB folder
★ Hold down the "SHIFT" key on the keyboard
★ While holding SHIFT, right-click on an empty space in the ADB folder and select "Open command window here" as seen from below screenshot.
★ Now, connect your phone to PC using working USB cable and type "adb devices" without the quote.
★ If your phone gets detected as seen below screenshot, you are good to go. If not, tell me what error you have via the comment section.
4. Connect your Tecno Camon C9 to PC via USB cable.
5. Launch your ADB and run the below command provided in red and press "ENTER".
CODE: adb devices
NB: The work of the provided code is to make sure if the ADB detected your device.
6. Now, still in that command window, input and run the command provided below inorder to boot your Tecno Camon C9 into fastboot and hit ENTER.
CODE: adb reboot-bootloader
7. Your device will boot into "fastboot mode" and your screen will go black and "fastboot" will be written on it.
8. At this point, type the following command and press "ENTER".
CODE: fastboot oem unlock
9. The code above will prompt your device asking you to confirm the "bootloader unlock", press the volume up button for yes.
10. Wait till you get a success message.
11. After getting a success message, input and run the code below to boot your Tecno Camon C9 into system mode, system mode also means the normal working device mode.
CODE: fastboot reboot
Thats it, you have successfully unlocked your Tecno C9 bootloader and can now proceed to root.
★ See How To Root Tecno Camon C9
★ Tecno Camon C9 Stock Rom Firmware