How To Install Mediatek VCOM Driver On Windows 8, 8.1 And Windows 10
MediaTek VCOM driver is very important if you want to flash your mediatek device or install rom on your Mediatek device with SP flash tool and If you don't have Mediatek Vcom driver installed, you simply can't use the SP flash tool in flashing or carrying out rom installation on your MTK devices.
In this simple but yet effective article, I will be showing you how to install VCOM driver on windows pc. Weather you are on windows 8, 8.1 or 10, the procedure is basically the same.
First thing first, you need to disable driver signature enforcement as the driver for MediaTek isn't signed and thus will not install without you disabling the driver signature enforcement.
How To Disable Driver Signature Enforcement In Windows 8, 8.1 And Windows 10
1. To disable driver signature enforcement in your Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, simply hold down shift key and restart your computer, keep holding shift until you get a blue "Choose an option screen".
- Alternatively, Go to PC Settings from the start menu → Update and Recovery → Recovery. Do not press and hold shift key
2. Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now.
3. Your PC will do a kind of reboot and go to a blue "Choose an option" screen.
- Click on Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → Startup Settings (change windows startup behaviour) → Restart.
4. Your PC will now restart and go to yet another blue screen with 10 options. Simply press 7 or F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
5. Your computer will auto restart again and then you can now proceed with the installation of Mediatek's Preloader USB VCOM driver for Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
How To Install Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Driver For Windows 8/8.1 And Windows 10
1. Download and extract MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers For Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
2. Go to Device Manager → Action → Add Legacy Hardware as shown below.
3. Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list" and click Next
4. Select Show All Devices and hit Next
5. In the next screen, click on "Have Disk" in the bottom right corner and then navigate to the drivers you extracted to your computer.
The drivers you need are located in the Windows 7 folder. For x64 PC, choose usb2ser_Win764.inf and for x86 PC, make use of usb2ser_Win7.inf then click OK
6. Once the driver loads, select "MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port" in the next screen and click on next.
7. An error in red that says Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software will pop up. Select Install this driver anyway and the installation of the MediaTek Preloader driver will start.
8. Restart your PC for the installation to take effect.
Now you can proceed to flash your MTK based Android phone with ease using SP Flash Tool on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
After successful installation, You may get the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)", simply ignore it.
Download Mediatek VCOM Driver For Windows 8, 8.1 And Windows 10