Recently Infinixmobility rolled out Android Nougat 7 for its Note 3 x601 flagship users to enjoy the taste of Android 7 on their phone.
For the normal users, running Nougat 7 on their phone is the end but for lovers of rooted Android, its just the beginning. Here, we are sharing with all Infinix note 3 phone users who must have upgraded their Infinix Note 3 to the latest Android Nougat 7, this detailed guide will show you how to root your Infinix Note 3 after upgrading Android 7.0
- PC/Laptop Running Windows.
- Working USB Cable
- SP Flash Tool → Download Here.
- ADB VCOM Drivers (normally I use PDAnet). Go here to learn how to install Mediatek Vcom Drivers to your PC
- Infinix Note 3 x601 PhilzTouch Recovery /Nougat 7 → Download Here
- SuperUser v2.79.zip. Download Here
HOW TO INSTALL PhilzTouch RECOVERY ON INFINIX NOTE 3 NOUGAT 7
Step 1: First download Philztouch recovery zip file from given link, and then extract the “Recovery.img” and “MT6735_Android_Scatter.txt” file to another folder in your PC desktop screen
Step 2: Now, power off your Infinix phone, its time to install philztouch recovery for Infinix Note 3 x601 running on Android 7
Step 4: From the extracted files, open "Flash_tool.exe"
Step 5: Once the flash tool is launched, then click on the download/upgrade tab and click on scatter loading button
Step 7: After that, click download and START to begin flashing process.
Step 8: Immediately, connect your switched-off Infinix phone to your computer via USB cable
Step 9: The Flashing process would be in progress, and a Green button would appear once the process is completed.
That’s it. PhilzTouch Recovery is now succesfully installed on your Infinix Note 3 Nougat 7
→ To boot to recovery mode, simply press and hold Volume up button + Power button. Now let's move to the next phase on how to root Infinix Note 3 running on Androod 7 OS
HOW TO ROOT INFINIX NOTE 3 & NOTE 3 PRO
Granted you have successfully installed PhilzTouch Recovery after going through the detailed instruction on how to install Recovery image via Sp flashtools to your Infinix phone, now do the following:
- Boot your Infinix phone into philztouch recovery mode (by Holding the Vol. Up + Power button at the same time for 5 seconds).
- In recovery mode, Choose "Install zip".
- Then navigate to the location you placed SuperUser v2.79.zip file and proceed to install
- After installing SuperUser.zip, reboot your phone
That's it, you have successfully rooted your Infinix Note 3 & pro version smartphone. To verify if its properly rooted, goto Google playstore and download "Root Checker.apk" to verify.