Goodnews to all who have been searching for Android nougat Xposed framwork to tweak and use their favourite Xpose modules on their Android phone running nougat OS. Here is detailed guide how to install xposed framework on nougat os (7.1+)
Almost a year without an official update to Android Nougat Xposed framework. While the original developer rovo89 was indeed working tirelessly, it is not ported yet. But don’t worry, the situation seems to change now because Purify OS team has ported xposed to Android Nougat with the help of abforce’s modified version of the Xposed.
Are you new to Xposed framework and how it works or what it does to your Android smartphone? Let me briefly tell you about it. Xposed Framework adds support for tons of modules which allows you to add new features, options and also further customise your Android device to your taste. Xposed is one of the best things happened to the Android OS. Its also one of the reasons, many people unlock and root their device so as to tweak and make their Android phone look different from others. The level of customizability it offers to both stock and custom Android OS is extensive and rewardable. You might say custom roms are already customized, i’ll say try adding Xpose framework and modules to it and see how it spies things up
The Xposed framework for nougat may be unofficial, but still, nougat users now have a chance to experience xposed on their device and make use of their favourite modules.
Are you ready to install and run Xposed framework on your smartphone running on Nougat OS? Then get ready and follow our guide on how to install Xposed Framework on Android Nougat devices. Ensure to meet the following prerequisites:
- Device running on Android 7.1+ version
- Your phone must be rooted and TWRP or any other custom recovery installed
- Android nougat Xposed Installer Apk.
- Android nougat Xposed Framework.
NOTE: Make sure to backup your personal data on the device. Use third apps like Nandroid backup, Titanium backup to do that. Users can also do an entire backup of ROM including apps and data using TWRP.
Guide To Install Xposed Framework On Android NougatNougat
- Download the nougat Xposed installer APK from here and install it on your device which we will later use to manage Xposed modules.
- Now, download the suitable ZIP of Xposed framework for your device from here. Select the zip file depending upon the arm version of your processor, that is, ARM, ARM64 or x86.
- If you don’t know the arm version of your processor, use a third-party app like CPU X : System & Hardware info to find everything about your device. If you still can’t find out, just comment your device name & model no. below & we’ll do the work for you.
- Granted you have rooted your device and installed custom recovery, reboot your device into TWRP or any other Customer recovery.
- Tap on “Install” option and navigate to the Zip file you downloaded in step#2 and then proceed with flashing of the Xposed framework ZIP.
- After installation, simply “Wipe Cache/Dalvik.” After that, reboot your device.
- When the device boots up, Open the Xposed Installer app. You must see “Xposed Framework installed” on the screen.
First boot after flashing the zip may take some time, don’t interrupt the boot process, be patient. That’s it, Xposed Framework is successfully installed on your device.
Note: You may also get a notification that says “Xposed is not compatible with Android SDK version 25 or your processor architecture”. There’s nothing to worry about.
Now that you have successfully installed Android nougat Xposed installer and framework, follow below steps to Install and Activate Xposed modules in Android N
Xposed Modules and Framework in Android Nougat
- Open the Xposed Installer app and head over to the “Download” section to see the list of all the available modules.
- You can download and install the modules as per your need and liking or your favourite module you have been using. Just tap on the module and select download or select the save option to download Apk file for manual installation.
- After the installation of the desired module, Go to “Modules” section in the sidebar. Then tick the checkbox beside the module to enable or activate it.
- After that, reboot the device as requested so that activated module comes into effect.
NOTE: Most of the modules might not be compatible with Android N Xposed framework as it’s under development. Always backup your data before performing any major changes to your device’s framework.
While Android O is just about few months away from launching, it would take several months for manufacturers to provide the updates. Meanwhile, users can make use of Xposed modules to get and enjoy Android O features on their Android Nougat device. While some modules may need to be updated to work on Nougat, most of them should work directly. Hopefully this guide on how to install xpose on android nougat is clear in every aspect. However, if you have any issue, please comment below. Don’t forget to hit the share button