In this article, i’m going to show you how to root leagoo M8 Android phone and also install TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) custom recovery. Rooting your Android phone is one of the best thing that can ever happen to your Android. Though to some it may not be a big deal to root their phone but to those who knows the benefit of a rooted Android, it is a big deal.
Rooting your Android phone gives you full administrative control over your Android device as it enables you gain access to system root files, make modification, install custom recoveries, use apps full features that requires root access, install and use custom fonts, make proper backup of your installed apps and its data using backup app like Titanium. There are many benefits of rooting Android phone which you can look up via Google. Without wasting much time, lets quickly dive into the reason for the article which is how to root leagoo M8 Anddroid phone.
Before rooting Leagoo M8, we will first of all install TWRP recovery which we will be using to root Leagoo M8. To unleash the full power of Android Modding, flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your Leagoo M8 smartphone as it enables you root your phone and unroot, install custom rom plus other modding zip files to customize your phone such as fonts, bug fixed, Xposed framework, make proper and full backup/restore of your device stock firmware, completely wipe system, data and cache for fresh OS installation, etc.
- PC running windows with ADB & USB Vcom Driver installed. See detailed guide how to install adb usb vcom drivers on W7, W8, W8.1 and W10. You can also use Pdanet for easy and automatic drivers installation (preferred)
- Working USB cable
- Latest version Sp Flashtool – Download
- Leagoo M8 TWRP plus scatter file – Download
- SuperSu v2.79 – Download
- Little patience
Granted you have met the requirements, lets begin…
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Leagoo M8
Table Of Contents
- Download and extract Sp Flashtool latest vesion to another folder in your PC
2. Download and extract Leagoo M8 TWRP plus scatter file to another folder in your PC
2. Open sp flashtool folder, locate and double-click on “flash_tool.exe” to launch sp flashtool
3. Now, in sp flashtool UI, along “scatter-loading file”, click on “choose” as seen from below image
4. After that, a small window will pop up, navigate to Leagoo M8 TWRP folder and double-click on “MT6580_Android_scatter” which will auto load Leagoo M8 TWRP recovery to sp flashtool.
5. After that, click on the “Green” download button which will make sp flashtool become grey
6. Now, turn-off your phone completely and then plug it to your PC which will then begin installing TWRP recovery to your phone
7. After installation, an OK sign will come up.
8. Unplug your phone and boot to twrp recovery by press and holding Volume Up + Power Button for 5seconds.
NOTE: Before entering twrp recovery after booting to recovery mode, use your volume up key to navigate to recovery and then use volume down key to enter
That’s it, you have successfully installed twrp recovery to Leagoo M8 and can now proceed to root leagoo m8
How To Root Leagoo M8
Now that you have installed twrp recovery to Leagoo M8, rooting it is pretty simple and it goes like this:
- Download supersu v2.79.zip to root of your sd card
- Boot your phone to twrp recovery
- In twrp recovery, simply select “Install” and navigate to where you placed supersu v2.79.zip and proceed to install
- After installation, simply reboot your phone.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted Leagoo M8 and can now enjoy benefits of rooted Android phone. To very root access, simply download and install root checker app from play store to verify root privileged.